Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Alert. Browser Blocked for security reasons

Hello Fellow users

I have been using Mac Air and the current OS X (10.10.5) and it has been perfectly working well. This morning, while trying to browse some research site, I go the message "System Alert. Browser Blocked for security reasons", and a page came up and blocked my entire screen. The document says From : "s3.amazonaws.com" and request the users to call Apple Network and Security support number at 1-844-613-2030 immediately and also gives a warning "Please ensure you do not restart your computer to prevent data loss". When we called that number, immediately someone answered from CA and they did not ask for the started questions like name/contact number etc and immediately started asking details of the issue. We cut the line immediately and shut down the machine and it came back to normal. Has anyone faced this issue before ? If this is fake, can Apple appropriately make aware of all the users concerned and make them aware of this fake warning ? Please respond. Thanks. Badri

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 10:08 AM

31 replies

Sep 24, 2015 10:50 AM in response to badrinathan

This is a scam. They are phishing for your personal and financial information. You did the right thing by not providing any info. You did the wrong thing by calling the number. Use the search button at the top of this page to search these communities for scam popup and you will see that there are hundreds of posts here similar to yours.

Nov 10, 2015 9:55 AM in response to elbob15

No consequences. That is a confidence builder question, getting you to start saying yes, working up to asking for access to your Mac, then for your credit card number to pay to remove the imaginary problems they claim to find on your Mac.

Nobody can tell such stuff from outside your Mac.

Also, no one is giving away free iPads. You did not win any lottery you did not enter. And Nigerian princes do not really want to give you huge amounts of free money. And Rachael and Carmen who call me daily with my "second and final notice" do not really lower your credit card rate, they just charge $750 to your card.

System Alert. Browser Blocked for security reasons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.