Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with PowerBook G4 A1025

I just received a PowerBook G4 A1025 15" from my friend. It is running 10.3.9, would I be able to boot up this machine in OS9 natively?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x), null

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:29 PM

Powerbook G4s with the ports under a rear flap of the keyboard will boot Mac OS 9 natively, but you'll need this tip to find out which version will work:

How to find Mac OS 9 downloads?

Powerbook G4s with the ports on the left or right side of the keyboard such as the USB and Firewire ports will not boot into Mac OS 9, and need the restore discs that ship with them to install Mac OS 9 for use in Classic only, which only is only supported up to Mac OS X 10.4.11. 10.5 to 10.5.8 do not support Classic.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 7:29 PM in response to nsnj9

Powerbook G4s with the ports under a rear flap of the keyboard will boot Mac OS 9 natively, but you'll need this tip to find out which version will work:

How to find Mac OS 9 downloads?

Powerbook G4s with the ports on the left or right side of the keyboard such as the USB and Firewire ports will not boot into Mac OS 9, and need the restore discs that ship with them to install Mac OS 9 for use in Classic only, which only is only supported up to Mac OS X 10.4.11. 10.5 to 10.5.8 do not support Classic.

Help with PowerBook G4 A1025

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.