Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot use Cellular data for my applications

I'm fed up. Literally fed up. Ever since I updated to ios 9 I have not been able to use my cellular data for applications except for two. I have tried all that I could do in order to set this problem right. But all my efforts are in vain and my time has been wasted. I cannot use my cellular data for several of my apps. I have an active Data plan with my network provider which apparently is of no use because of this awful bug. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 12:25 PM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Rowena_Pereira

Hi Rowena_Pereira,

I understand that you are seeing an issue with your cellular data usage on your iPhone. Since it seems that you can use this feature, but only on certain apps, I would like for you to first check and make sure all of these apps are authorized to use cellular data in your iPhone settings:

Set whether cellular data is used for apps and services. Go to Settings > Cellular, then turn cellular data on or off for any app that can use cellular data. If a setting is off, iPhone uses only Wi-Fi for that service. The iTunes setting includes both iTunes Match and automatic downloads from the iTunes Store and the App Store.

Cellular settings - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph3dd5f213

If the issues persist, I would like to recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article, keeping in mind that you may have to contact your carrier in order to resolve the situation (step #6):

1. Check your coverage area to make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage.
    • If you can't connect to a cellular network on your iPhone, make sure that cellular data is on in Settings > Cellular. On your iPad, go to Settings > Cellular Data.
    • If you're traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming.
      User uploaded file
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Check for a Carrier Settings Update by going to Settings > Carrier Settings.
  4. Take out the SIM card and then put it back in. If the SIM card is damaged, or doesn't fit in the SIM tray, contact your carrier.
  5. If you have another device, see if you can connect your carrier's network with it in that location.
  6. Contact your carrier to:
    • Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
    • Make sure there are no outages in your area.
    • Check that your device is not blocked from receiving cellular services and set up with the right data plan.
  7. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.

If you still can't connect to a cellular network, and have confirmed with your carrier that there isn't an issue with your account or network, try restoring your device.

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

I cannot use Cellular data for my applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.