Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

file share

I am on Yosemite - when I share files they come across as locked some people can't access my share folder - how can I fix this - I have done the normal things (sharing is turned on) Any help would be appreciated

mac pro / xserve, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 2 computers

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 1:58 PM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2015 4:38 PM in response to driall

Usual trigger here involves file or directory protections that are blocking the requested access.

There can be differences based on how the files are shared, too — AFP, SMB and NFS services have some details that differ....

You can Get Info these settings via the GUI, or you can launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities, and navigate to the files directly.

From the command line in Terminal.app, issue the following command for the files:

ls -ale@ /path/to/shared/file

for the directories

ls -aled@ /path/to/directory/

file share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.