Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 wont turn on and keeps making charging sound when plugged in!!! HELP

Keeps making charging sound when plugged in!!! HELP i tried everything!!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 12:45 PM

6 replies

Sep 24, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Carsonn13

It sounds like there might be some debris in the lightning cable port.

• Unplug the USB cable at each end and plug it back in, just to make sure both ends of the connection are not loose.
  • If possible, switch out every component. Try a friend's cable; try a different usb port (or power/usb adapter); try your cable in a friend's phone.
  • Spray some compressed air into the charging port on the phone. Usually this will dislodge simple dirt and debris causing a faulty connection. This worked for my mom's iPad 2 with a 30-pin charging connector.
  • Try a non-conductive probe (like toothpicks or GUM flossers) to swab around inside of the port and dislodge larger stuck-on debris. (I got this tip from engadget http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/21/quick-and-easy-fix-for-lightning-port-chargin g-problems/?ncid=rss_truncated

(When this happened to me, I had some white lint in the port of my white iPhone, making it impossible to see before we got it out.)

iphone 6 wont turn on and keeps making charging sound when plugged in!!! HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.