Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see All Notes on iPhone after iOS 9.0.1 upgrade

I just upgraded to iOS 9.0.1. Is there no option to see all Notes in one place? I have to go through each of my connected folders to find notes I've saved. Also, I can't move Notes saved in my iPhone Notes folder to the iCloud folder. Is anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 2:18 PM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2015 2:29 PM in response to SarahMROMERO

how did you back up your iphone and iPad? if on the iCloud then download them from there

where was your default folder? ex. iCloud, yahoo, gmail, outlook (what accounts besides iCloud)

go to Notes app> if its on the list then go back (<) until you see your folders, some might be on the iCloud, some on your iPhone, or any other folders

neat thing about the new update is you can choose folder > edit> choose which to move, then move to another folder

Hopes this helps!!🙂

Sep 24, 2015 2:38 PM in response to annacast

Thanks for all the great feedback, Anna. I backed up my iPhone on iCloud. All of my notes are visible in the Notes app... I just thought you were able to view all at the same time before, even if they were in various folders, like you can on the Mac Book.

I did try moving the notes from my iPhone to the iCloud folder using the steps you indicated in your second paragraph. However, if I try to move a note from the "On My iPhone" folder to a different folder, the only folder it will allow me to move it to is a "New Folder" (create a new folder and move it there). I'm trying to move the notes from "On My iPhone" folder to the "iCloud" folder, but it doesn't give me that option.

Sep 24, 2015 3:21 PM in response to annacast

I'm having a similar issue. With the 9.0 upgrade and its 9.0.1 follow-up, when I went to open my Notes, the most recent one (among all of the folders) was from 2013. Imagine my shock at the 2 years of data loss, as it's my primary place to jot things down throughout my day. Any ideas on how I can recoup Notes from 2014 and 2015, which were all there and normal before this upgrade? Thanks.

Can't see All Notes on iPhone after iOS 9.0.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.