Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add movies to iPod without it deleting my music

We are in 2015, I should be able to drag and drop my movies onto my iPod. Oh, wait this is Apple. 😠

All I'm trying to do is add some videos to my iPod Touch, but in iTunes it shows that if I click on "Sync Movies" it will delete all of my music. First of all, the music already on my iPod was put there by iTunes when I had Windows 7. Since then I had to wait until iTunes worked with Windows 10 and now it seems it does.

Why does iTunes always want to sync? Sync sync sync sync. I want to add something, not sync anything!

iPod touch, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 7:16 PM

Just what does the message say?

I could be that the iPod sees the computer as new computer. If that is the case:

You can only sync with one computer. To switch computers

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

If all the synced media like apps and music are already in the iTunes library of the new computer just backup to iTunes and restore from that backup.

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2015 7:16 PM in response to DarkEnergyNetwork

Just what does the message say?

I could be that the iPod sees the computer as new computer. If that is the case:

You can only sync with one computer. To switch computers

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

If all the synced media like apps and music are already in the iTunes library of the new computer just backup to iTunes and restore from that backup.

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Oct 22, 2015 7:06 PM in response to DarkEnergyNetwork

Well, I kind of have this problem too. However, the first thing you should do is plug in your iPod, open iTunes, then click on the ipod in iTunes. Click on the Summary tab on the left, then check the "Manually manage music and videos" box. This allows you to add music and movies directly from itunes to the device without the need to create folders/playlists and then syncing the entire thing. If anyone else knows, is there a way to add videos that are not on itunes but are on my computer?

Add movies to iPod without it deleting my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.