Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable images in browser?

I do a lot of research on the internet, and all the unwanted pictures and commercials/ads that are always on websites is making my monthly wireless bill totally outrageous! On my computer I have Safari set up so that I can totally disable all images and Javascript (under "develop" at the top of the screen, although I forgot how I got this to appear....)

My question is this - can I also disable images and javascript on Safari on my iPad? If not, is there an alternative web browser available for my iPad that will allow me to do this? thanks!

iPad Air 2, Version 8.4

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 5:16 PM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2015 9:55 AM in response to username999

You can disable javascript (Settings App > Safari > Advanced), but no, there is no mechanism for disabling images.

The only alternate browsers I can speak to are iCabMobile and Chrome. Neither appear to allow for turning off images. Frankly, if iCab doesn't, I suspect you may not find one that will. But a search of the app store may prove me wrong.

Oct 1, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

post.user_wrote.label:

You can disable javascript (Settings App > Safari > Advanced), but no, there is no mechanism for disabling images.

The only alternate browsers I can speak to are iCabMobile and Chrome. Neither appear to allow for turning off images. Frankly, if iCab doesn't, I suspect you may not find one that will. But a search of the app store may prove me wrong.

thanks much for the help!

Disable images in browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.