Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google books problems after updating to IOS 9

Does anyone know how I can fix the problems with Google Books after updating to IOS 9? Google books isn't displayed properly any longer. Did anyone else experience the problem that books are zoomed and cannot be read?

I already updated to 9.0.1 on iPhone to check if Apple has worked on the problem which obviously hasn't happened.

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 2:20 AM

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2015 2:20 AM in response to Rollschuhfan

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

Oct 1, 2015 5:22 PM in response to Rollschuhfan

Huge thread on topic at reddit. I have done a workaround for those books I can add to Google Play but some are not available. I can see them on an old first gen iPad so I screen cap the page and text it to myself. It's a huge pain. I'm doing a lot of research and the records I'm using are nearly 200 years old. Archive.org has some old stuff also which has helped. My genealogy research has suffered!

Oct 4, 2015 11:57 PM in response to Philippefromsaintomer

En fait, toute l'astuce est non pas de cliquer sur le lien, mais de laisser posé le doigt sur le lien du livre et dans le menu contextuel cliquer sur "ouvrir dans un nouvel onglet. Dans la nouvelle fenêtre, on peut mettre la page en plein écran. Pas vraiment besoin de passer par "ma bibliothèque", bien que ce soit bien commode de garder la liste des livres consultés.

Oct 5, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Philippefromsaintomer

Pehaps replying in English on an American website may be helpful to those who are not French speakers. Here in the US Spanish is being shoved down our throats on a daily basis and few adults are going back yo school to learn French when they are having to learn Spanish to keep their jobs. If you don't believe me call any major customer support in the states and see if you ever get the choice of "press 3 for Francais".

It has occurred to me that you are on Google.fr. not Google.com. Not the same site.

Oct 5, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Philippefromsaintomer

Philippefromsaintomer wrote:

Sorry. I had the same problem and not any french forum about that. Solved it. Only i wanted help.

Nothing to apologize for.

And for those too lazy or ignorant to use google translate:

In fact, the whole trick is not to click on the link, but asked to leave the finger on the book link in the context menu and click "open in new tab. In the new window, you can put the page in full screen. Not really need to go through "my library", although it is very convenient to keep the list of consulted books.

Oct 5, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

NO, this doesn't work for me either. I always open books in new tabs. If I put it in full screen I cannot see anything at all.

Concerning the kanguage-issue here: I'm located in Germany and there is no Apple forum in my language. Maybe there isn't one in France either. And Google translate is terrible, even MY French is better than the translation. 😁

Oct 5, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Rollschuhfan

I made no claim it would or would not work for. I was responding to another post and defending a user who was doing his best to assist.

No there are not individual forums for every language - essentially English and Chinese. There are several experienced user who are multi-lingual, but not all of us are. In that case we use Google translate (or in some cases another app), and do the best we can.

My suggestion to you would be contact Google support. It is Google's site.

Google books problems after updating to IOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.