Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS2 not allowing various apps to load even though icon is installed. Have tried several times to rest watch but not successful. Does anyone know how to reload OS2 from scratch ?

Several apps will not open even though an icon exists on my WatchOS2. I have tried reset several times with no success.

Does anyone know how I can reload OS2 from scratch.

Apple Watch, watchOS 2

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 7:04 AM

Hi Barry

A reset and restore of both devices has been reported to resolve issues with apps not loading. If you have added cards to Apple Pay, they will need to be added back on each device afterwards. If you would prefer to try resetting only your watch first, follow the first and last steps only.

• Unpair your watch from your iPhone using the Apple Watch app (this also refreshes the watch backup):

Apple Watch app > My Watch > General > Apple Watch > Unpair Apple Watch.

• Backup your iPhone:
    • via iCloud (encrypted as standard) or
    • via iTunes on a computer - IMPORTANT: choose to "Encrypt iPhone backup", so that the backup includes Health data along with saved passwords, Wi-Fi settings and website history.
    • https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/backup/
  • Erase all content and settings on your iPhone:

On your iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

• Restore iPhone from backup:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

• Pair and set up your watch:
    • Choose to restore the watch from backup when offered the option during set up.
    • This will restore most of data and settings except for: Apple Pay cards, passcode, synced playlist, Bluetooth pairings.
    • Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2015 7:04 AM in response to barryfromumhlali

Hi Barry

A reset and restore of both devices has been reported to resolve issues with apps not loading. If you have added cards to Apple Pay, they will need to be added back on each device afterwards. If you would prefer to try resetting only your watch first, follow the first and last steps only.

• Unpair your watch from your iPhone using the Apple Watch app (this also refreshes the watch backup):

Apple Watch app > My Watch > General > Apple Watch > Unpair Apple Watch.

• Backup your iPhone:
    • via iCloud (encrypted as standard) or
    • via iTunes on a computer - IMPORTANT: choose to "Encrypt iPhone backup", so that the backup includes Health data along with saved passwords, Wi-Fi settings and website history.
    • https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/backup/
  • Erase all content and settings on your iPhone:

On your iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

• Restore iPhone from backup:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

• Pair and set up your watch:
    • Choose to restore the watch from backup when offered the option during set up.
    • This will restore most of data and settings except for: Apple Pay cards, passcode, synced playlist, Bluetooth pairings.
    • Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

OS2 not allowing various apps to load even though icon is installed. Have tried several times to rest watch but not successful. Does anyone know how to reload OS2 from scratch ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.