Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recurring alarm not working with iOS 9.0.1

Have and iPhone 6, upgraded to iOS 9 on 9/16 when it was released. I have a recurring alarm setup on weekdays for work. It worked properly from upgrade date until yesterday, 9/24...and it didn't go off.

Checked settings, the alarm is on, volume is up, no explanation for failing.

Saw that 9.0.1 was released with a fix for an alarm bug so i installed that yesterday afternoon. Tested a single alarm last night and it went off successfully.

Recurring alarm FAILED again this morning. ***?!?!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 5:45 AM

11 replies

Oct 1, 2015 3:07 AM in response to xFuzzyx

I am having the exact same problem. I have woke up in the middle of the night and checked my recurring alarms and they would stay on until about an hour before it was set to go off. I have been late all week due to this. My husband's alarms will be set and by the morning they are all deleted. This all started after the last update for iOS 9.1. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Oct 10, 2015 5:47 AM in response to xFuzzyx

I Kept thinking somehow I was turning my alarm off in my sleep but now I see others are having the same issue. I have 9.0.2 and just this morning noticed when I hit snooze with my side volume button, it turned my alarm off. I just so happened to catch it in time and decided to test it and set another alarm, I used volume button on side to snooze and sure enough it turned off the alarm. Weird thing was I closed the clock app and opened it again and now my original alarms were still on, so I turned them off and then all the sudden my alarms both went off even though they were turned off on the app?! Pleaae, please fix this apple it's gonna get me in so much trouble at work

Oct 20, 2015 2:57 AM in response to xFuzzyx

same thing happened to me today so I knew I couldn't have been the only one. My phone was not charging and my the alarms I had set did not go off an hour ago. At first I thought it did go off and I must've turned them off and went back to sleep but nope the alarms are still "on" and there wasn't even any snoozing going on. Apple fix this thing before it causes tardy issues for people all over.

Jan 7, 2016 7:40 AM in response to xFuzzyx

I have been having the same problem as well. Sometimes my phone will go for months without goofing up the alarm, but it has happened to me twice this week alone now, which has caused me to be 15 minutes late to work each time. I am posting this to bump the topic because every iPhone I have had has had this problem. It needs to be addressed. I am running iOS 9.2 on a 6 Plus (not jailbroken).

Jul 29, 2016 12:51 PM in response to xFuzzyx

I also have the same problem, I can't believe something as simple as an alarm isn't dependable. I've missed a few early appointments because I've put so much faith in my iphone. Currently up to date. iPhone6 ios9.3. I restored the phone, checked ringers etc... I've done what I checked from other sources online and it still fails to work. It does work sometimes, and then it doesn't, not sure what is going on but the alarm should be 100% reliable no?

Recurring alarm not working with iOS 9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.