Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not downloading from server

IOs 9 messages not being downloade from server. Has anyone fixed this issue?

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 8:00 AM

I'm not having the problem so I can't fix it. Perhaps it is an issue with your mail provider.

8 replies

Oct 15, 2015 8:42 AM in response to paulafromnewport

With IOS 9.x, I have deve an Email aging problem. After about a week, email in any mailbox, inbox, archive, trash,sent,etc., I get the message: ... Message not downloadded from the server. Everything was there, but after aging a week, there is no more text in the email. I have not changed any setting on my iPad or PC. This started after updating to the latest IOS 9.x release. Has any body experiencin this? If so is there a fix available?

Nov 2, 2015 6:24 AM in response to Asjank

I've started having the same problem since I upgraded to the latest iOS. I actually see the original email, but later the same day, it has disappeared with the "not downloaded from the server" message. An Apple Store employee recommended that I hit Restore Settings, which I did, but it did not solve the problem. I suspect this is a bug caused by the new iOS.

Nov 4, 2015 7:41 PM in response to commishida

No, nothing. Emails that have previously been downloaded now randomly display the message "This message has not been downloaded from the server." This despite the fact that I can see the first two lines of the email displayed in the preview column! I think Apple has introduced a bug here, and it would be nice to have some response AND to get it fixed!

Email not downloading from server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.