Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not Add Card - Lloyds Bank

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and an Apple Watch,

Added my Lloyds Bank Card without issue, also been using it. Did a restore on my watch tried to add my card back and keep getting "Could Not Add Card" Try again later or contact your card issuer for more information."

Been like this for a few days now, spoke to Lloyds who said there isnt any issue. Removed the card and now cannot add it back, my other Lloyds card added without issue.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 8:09 AM

18 replies

Sep 26, 2015 7:24 AM in response to dn2004

I'm having the same issue with my Halifax debit card. Very frustrating. It worked fine for Apple Pay with my iPhone 6 but I'm getting the same error as you with my 6s. Halifax and Lloyds are the same bank essentially and I think the blame lies with them, but multiple phone calls have got me nowhere. If anyone gets any joy or finds a solution, please post. I've tried restoring, setting up as new (a huge pain), but nothing has worked for me so far.

Sep 28, 2015 2:22 AM in response to nealflan

I'm also having this exact same issue with Halifax - upgraded from iPhone 6 which had my card registered with no issues to a 6S and while Apple Pay managed to authorise and set up my card against my Apple Watch again from the 6S during the re-pairing process it is refusing to let me add the card to the phone itself.

Called Halifax online banking support and was told they can't see any failed or outstanding authorisation requests so the problem must be my phone and was given a number supposedly for Apple support which then turned out to be not in service when I called it!

Sep 28, 2015 4:51 AM in response to dn2004

If we have the same issue (and it certainly sounds like it), it is definitely not a hardware issue. Apple had me try to remove Apple Pay from my iPad Air 2 and re-add it. It gives me the exact same error message as on the phone. So they've concluded that it's a server-side issue between Apple and the bank. How it gets resolved is another matter... Apple engineers are looking into my case and calling me back tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back.

As for restoring, I already tried restoring as a new device through iTunes and again with the reset option on the phone. It still didn't work so that was an almighty waste of time. My advice: if they ask you if you've tried restoring, say yes!

Sep 28, 2015 5:46 AM in response to nealflan

I have a similar problem with Lloyds. I had all 4 of my Lloyds cards working fine on the iPhone 6, iPad and Apple Watch. Upgraded the phone to the 6s and now 3 of them added fine to the phone (and Watch again after setting up again with the new phone) but the 4th card refuses to add to either device. Lloyds say there's no problem and also tried to refer me to Apple.

Will keep trying....

Sep 29, 2015 11:32 AM in response to dn2004

Here's the deal,

Okay, I bought an iPhone 6s on friday, I had no issue adding my cards, it was on iOS 9.0, now, I updated to 9.0.1 after setting everything up, and the card issues began, as I had to to an erase all settings due to the transfer from my icloud back up as there's an App Slicing bug, so I decided to reinstall everything from the app store from scratch, this was when i could not re-add my card after the reset/erase, so having spent over 6 hours on the phone to halifax and apple, who blamed each other, I was finally advised to return the phone to the store, so, I got a brand new sealed iphone 6, and the card added no problem, in iOS 9.0 again, so I then decided, to upgrade again to iOS 9.0.1, once more the issue returned, so the issue is caused by iOS 9.0.1, so until they fix the issue, you can either...wait for 9.0.2, or order a replacement bank card, as the 16 digit number will have changed the card will add no problem, it seems to only occur with Halifax / Lloyds VISA DEBIT cards, as my credit cards re-add without issue. I have tried to downgrade back to iOS 9.0, but it does not allow, I have also reformatted via the phone, via itunes, restored for a back up, set up as new, and as soon as you have iOS 9.0.1 installed you hit problems.

Reading up further the issue also occured in iOS 8.1.2, and was fixed without an update, so maybe there's something in the iOS that the servers don't like, maybe it's possible they can iron it out on the server end without an update.

You may also notice that some apps will no pass the splash screen when setting up from an iCloud back up on the 6s, if this happens just reinstall that app from the app store, it's an App Slicing bug.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/09/27/apple-ios-9-third-problem/

Could not Add Card - Lloyds Bank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.