Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using itunes on my iphone

I hope I can get help quickly because I'm trying to cut my lawn on a lawn tractor and I refuse to finish the lawn until I figure this out. My iTunes (or the music app) on my iphone didn't use to work this way and I HATE IT NOW. (or too stupid to figure it out, or both).

I have tons of playlists, so I pick out one of my playlists to listen to while I ride the tractor. And the same song plays over and over. Ok crap. So I press "shuffle" and yes it picks a song out of the playlist and plays it over and over. How the **** do I get the playlist to play all the songs??? I've been doing it maually for the past few lawn cuts and this is insane.

I did a search for this here and on Google and although I got a lot of answer most were from 2012 so the answers didn't apply to my current IOS and my iphone 6. Please help me so I can cut my lawn.

Susan 😢

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iphone 6, ipad, Apple TV new imac

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 4:25 AM

Susan, sorry for the late reply; I am surprised no one answered earlier. I hope that by now you have found an answer but in case you have not, I am forwarding this post to the best iTunes expert I know of here, a very nice fellow by the screen name of "turingtest2". Hopefully he can help you on your next lawn cut.

BTW, my wife and I used to own a small ranch west of Houston, 112 acres, and she used to mow (or shred) most of it once a quarter, would take her 2 days on a large John Deere. She used to love it; I could not figure it out but she found it relaxing. She either listened to the birds or her music player so we know your dilemma!!! Cheers.... 🙂

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2015 4:25 AM in response to susan-kelly

Susan, sorry for the late reply; I am surprised no one answered earlier. I hope that by now you have found an answer but in case you have not, I am forwarding this post to the best iTunes expert I know of here, a very nice fellow by the screen name of "turingtest2". Hopefully he can help you on your next lawn cut.

BTW, my wife and I used to own a small ranch west of Houston, 112 acres, and she used to mow (or shred) most of it once a quarter, would take her 2 days on a large John Deere. She used to love it; I could not figure it out but she found it relaxing. She either listened to the birds or her music player so we know your dilemma!!! Cheers.... 🙂

Sep 26, 2015 4:31 AM in response to turingtest2

I want to thank both of you for all your help. I never would have figured that out on my own. I stood in line to get the very first iPhone (and I got one that day not many did) and that phone I learned how to use everything. Since then they are getting more and more options and I find things that I use to know how to do, I don't any more.

I can't tell you how happy I am, now it's the end of the summer so there aren't many lawn/field cuts left but I cut weekly thru the end of October so I'll have some time to enjoy my music. Most of what I don't understand any more centers around the music. I have iTunes Match and now Apple Music and have no idea what to do with any of it.

elcpu I totally get why your wife loved the cutting, it's quite (at least with my headphones on) and I get to listen to great music and there is no one to bother me. 112 acres is a lot of cutting!!!

Many thanks again to both of you.

Susan

Sep 26, 2015 6:27 AM in response to susan-kelly

Hi Susan,

Just got up (Houston time) and saw that tt2 had "solved" your issue. I knew that if anyone could he would!!! He is not only very knowledgeable but also a pleasure to deal with; offers very comprehensive replies (he has helped me "big time" in the past). I recommend that you keep this thread bookmarked. In case you need further help with iTunes you can create a new thread describing your issue and then come back to this one, post a brief message to tt2 here including a link to your new thread; that way he is sure to get it. Does that make sense?

Regarding my wife, she is both brain and street smart, a rare combination. She is a land and animal lover (so am I) and we often travel to nature where we can see/enjoy both. We are now older and retired, live on a much smaller piece of land which she still mows by choice; plenty of services around but she still likes it.

Happy shredding!!! 🙂

Carlos (elcpu)

using itunes on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.