Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost photos after IOS 9 on IPhone 6

I downloaded iOS9 on my IPhone 6 & out of the about 28000 photos I had in various folders about 19000 are missing. All these 28000 are available on my Mac & on my IPad even after iOS9 download on my iPad.

The balance about 9000 that are available in my iPhone are uploading back to the ICloud & it is 4 days & only about 500 are uploaded.

Please advice how do I restore the photos from my iCloud to iPhone as I am scared if I log out of iCloud in my iPhone & then start back again to download all the 28000 photos back I may end up losing the photos on my iCloud.

Thanks a lot.

iPhone 6, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 9:11 AM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2015 12:39 AM in response to Chipin Sachdev

Hi,

I finally wiped all my photos in the iPhone 6 but sadly with this all my albums in the iCloud got wiped out too though all my photos remained.

I then restarted the download of the entire library that has taken over 2 weeks.

I now have all photos on my iPhone but they are low resolution whereas in my settings i have clicked on "Download and Keep Originals" instead of "Optimise iPhone Storage" as i have a 128GB iPhone.

I am now on the job to to create new albums that is taking so much of time & effort.

In my iPad & Mac book pro high res pictures are available & nothing has gone wrong.

Lost photos after IOS 9 on IPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.