Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Outage and Now Ethernet Not Working and When Imac Goes to sleep...

Last I had a power outage, now my ethernet connection does not work, I have switched cable powered everything off and back on, still nothing. Also since the outage when my MAC goes to sleep it does wake back up. Any Ideas?????

IMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Nov 7, 2006 11:44 AM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2006 2:40 PM in response to Russ4590

Russ,

Try booting up from the Tiger install disc (put disc in, restart, hold C key down as soon as you hear chime, release C when you see the spinning gear). Then select your languag, go to Disk Utility, select your startup disk and choose Repair Disk. Then quit installer and reboot normally.

Then when booted normally, do to Disk Utility, select your startup disk and Repair Permissions. Post back.

It is not good for a computer to experience a power outage while booted up. Various things can get messed up. After you get straightened out, I would strongly suggest getting an uninterruptible power supple (UPS or battery backup). I use one made by APC and think they are a very important accessory to have.

Regards,
Steve M.

Power Outage and Now Ethernet Not Working and When Imac Goes to sleep...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.