Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote erase an employee iphone

As a business owners I have employees that access data and email from their iPhones. Should an iPhone be lost or employment be terminated for an employee, is their a way I can erase my data from that employees iPhone?

Only option I can think of would be to change passwords for those particular accounts that they access.

Are there other options?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 6:02 AM

Use an MDM, such as Bushel or Meraki

4 replies

Sep 26, 2015 6:10 AM in response to beauxp

I know of a hospital that uses Mobile Iron. Any employee wishing to conduct business with their phone has to agree to it, but there is the risk they could suiddenly wake up with an empty phone should somebody in IT press the wrong button and some won't sign up for it. It depends upon who owns the phone. If you own the phone you have the right to change passwords etc. If they own the phone then you either come to an agreement such as their using Mobile Iron or you cannot expect them to use a personal phone for work purposes and in fact should make sure they do not. If it is your phone you call the shots, including not letting them set up activation lock so you might get locked out of one of your own phones. Just my take on it.

remote erase an employee iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.