Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop spotlight from searching Apps/setting IOS9

I'm hoping someone here can help me out of this little problem. I need a way to stop spotlight search from searching apps in IOS9 as it did previously. I work for a public library and we have a couple of iPad 2's for kids to play games on. Young patrons often love to play in the settings and lock up tablets. This forces me to remove the tablet and reformat. My previous solution since IOS 7, I was able to turn off the app search function from spotlight search and then hide the "Settings" icons. this worked for nearly a year. Now that I updated to IOS9 it no longer gives me the ability to stop app searches on the spotlight. We use "Apple Configurator" to set them up but there is no option to hide or disable "Settings". I am using the latest version of Configurator 1.7.1. Guided access does not seem work with blocking "Settings" either. Any suggestions? The main goal is to keep hands off of "Settings".

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.1, Prohibit Settings Access

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 11:50 AM

3 replies

Nov 22, 2015 12:25 PM in response to AppleHasBeen

*Feedback*

"Use the form below to send us your comments. We read all feedback carefully, but please note that we cannot respond to the comments you submit."

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

We can complain about Apple's business decisions, but these discussions are user to user talk about possible solutions.

Education Customers
Support: 1-800-800-2775
Sales: 1-800-780-5009

Enterprise
1-866-752-7753

Stop spotlight from searching Apps/setting IOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.