Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the 6s with 9.0.1 -- no vibration with Siri; any ideas?

As the subject line says, no vibration with the new 6s, specific when holding the home button down with Siri. I have another iPhones which work fine...seems the 6s only. Looking for suggestions, or if it was removed altogether. I know the two sounds indicator beeps were gone, but the little vibrations work on the other phones.

Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 1:18 PM

16 replies

Sep 26, 2015 4:38 PM in response to sirjimmyjam

I spent an hour on the phone with Apple support. They were not aware of this issue. The woman had me try a bunch of different things and ended up having me erase everything and restore the phone to its original factory settings. This didn't fix it either. I just updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.0.1 and was hoping maybe it was a software issue but the vibrations still works fine. It has something to do with both the 6S and the 6S plus... The woman I spoke to was a senior person and is submitting this ticket to their engineers. She thinks they will hopefully be able to fix it in the next software update. If not, it is a hardware issue and she is going to let me know either way. So, for those of you who are having the same problem, just wait. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them.

Oct 1, 2015 12:05 PM in response to sirjimmyjam

Listen, guys, the plain truth is that Apple screwed up. They inadvertently took it out on the 6s. The reason I know this is that I went into my local Apple store yesterday where they have 50 or so 6s's and 6s +'s, and I tried Siri on each one, and not one of them had the vibration. Another example of a lack of quality control in Apple's haste to push a product to market. I'm guessing that they will fix this, but Apple's carelessness is really infuriating.

Oct 1, 2015 12:10 PM in response to ronss

Looks like its by design. The vibration is a signal that siri is ready to listen. But on the 6S she's always listening. Even if you have hey siri off, she's listening and you can actually start giving her your command before you've even pressed the button.

Go ahead, try it. Tell her to write a text and after your first word press and hold the button. She still gets the whole thing.

So its not a bug, its because the 6S is so super awesome.

Oct 9, 2015 6:14 PM in response to sirjimmyjam

I Got my 6s yesterday and it had version 9.0 on it. When I pressed the home button to invoke Siri it would vibrate. This still happened even after you turn on "Hey Siri."

I updated to 9.0.2 and now it stops vibrating when I press the home button to invoke Siri and this is the case with "Hey Siri" being enabled or disabled.

Tried a fresh install of iOS 9.0.2 not from a back up. Issue still there.

Tried doing a full reset on the device and the issue is still there.

WIll try try public beta 9.1 to see if there is a fix there.

Oct 10, 2015 9:25 PM in response to sirjimmyjam

So after searching online and testing multiple iPhone 6s' at the Apple store and testing iOS 9.1 public beta the phone does not vibrate when holding down the home button.

The reason I found online has to do with the new M9 processor that has Siri constantly listening. In older phones it would vibrate to indicate that you should start speaking to Siri because she is now listening. This is not necessry with the new iPhone 6s because of the M9 processor.

Perform this test yourself. Hold down the home button and speak right away. Dont wait for Siri to show up on the screen and you will see that she catches every word unlike the older phones that vibrate first before you can speak.

I tested iOS 9.1 public beta and there was no vibration when invoking Siri with the home button. Very clear that it is not a bug other wise it is likely they would have fixed in the beta.

The answer to all our questions is THIS IS A NEW FEATURE and not something that is broken or a software glitch.

I hope this helps you guys.

I have the 6s with 9.0.1 -- no vibration with Siri; any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.