Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook retina display easily scratch

Hi guys!

Maybe many thread have been discuss about this. But its make very very confuse. I have 2014 Macbook pro Retina display and I just realise that I have some scratches in my screen. So why Apple give me a microfibre to clean up the dirty of my screen but Make my screen scratch???!!

Anyone have some good suggestion for this?? It make me desperate 😢

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 6:04 PM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Nino Putra

Hey Nino! The Retina screen of MacBook Pro's doesn't have front cower glass like none retina MacBook Pro.

It made by Apple to achieve this amazing thin design! So when u wiping your screen u are touching the LCD panel itself!

Don't apply much pressure while cleaning and be extremely gentle!!! The screen panel is a very fragile.

Black microfibre cloth is nice but anyway it might scratch, so u should use very soft paint brush or makeup brush, its a best way to remove all the dust!

But probably the best solution is install screen protector! To prevent more amount of scratches!

And finally its a tool, just be gentle and use it! 🙂

Oct 13, 2015 6:46 AM in response to nurdin

Hi Nurdin!

Yeah you're right. I reading many articles and site and gimme same result. That what I wiped everyday is my lcd! Its to late when I know scratches on my screen. The best thing is I go to eStore on my country and bought some screen protector for retina display. Even its too expensive but worth it for me. LOL for this products after steve was gone 😝

Oct 13, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Nino Putra

Nino Its pity that u have been wiping every day 😟 U shouldn't do it even your screen with a lot of dust or etc.

Yea i can understand that u tried to keep it clean and nice but there is a risky!

Couple month ago i bought my brand new MBP Retina 13 Early 2015, its has gorgeous display and i never use this Apple's black microfibre cloth!

Only as i mentioned very soft paint brush! 🙂 Also purchased screen protector just in case, i wanna keep this perfect machine for a while!

Good Luck!

macbook retina display easily scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.