Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone6 slow and freezing after update to iOS 9.0.1

Ever since I upgraded my 6 and 6+ to iOS 9 and now 9.0.1 the phone is extremly sluggish. Typing has to catch up, apps are slow to load and unload, phone has froze on homescreen multiple times. Phone has also froze on incoming calls showing caller then continuing to ring but showing home screen. Is this a issue known with the 6 or 6+ with the new software?

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 4:45 PM

9 replies

Sep 25, 2015 5:19 PM in response to Cucc05

Apple no ha respondido a las fallas presentadas con la actualizaciones 9 ni 9.0.1.

No saben que pasa, no tienen ni idea de los problemas y no saben solucionarlos.

Mi iphone 6 se bloqueo la acción con el toque del dedo, al actualizar a 9.0.1, ahora no puedo usarlo mas que para recibir llamadas.

Los técnicos no saben que pasa no puedo ni apagarlo, ni seleccionar aplicaciones, ni responder llamadas, ni revisar correos, NADA, NO SIRVE PARA NADA.

Una piedra de mil dólares.

Sep 25, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Cucc05

For the last two days, my screen has been horribly unresponsive.

Every now and again I get a few seconds of use, but then, nothing. So I know the sensor itself is not dead. Ive tried several hard restarts, no luck. I would do a factory reset, except now, my iphone will not register when I plug it in to iTunes. Oh yeah, I cant sync or back up to iTunes either. So, there's that. I have no idea what to do to fix it... I cant restore to my last settings, which would have pushed me back out of iOS9.

I have no idea what to do.

Sep 28, 2015 5:37 PM in response to Cucc05

They know its an issue, I called them on the 27th trying to find a solution and was unsuccessful. I was told to schedule a meeting with my local apple store (an hour drive away AND the soonest time is Oct 2nd).

That said, I may have found a solution for you to try.

I found this in a totally unrelated way. I saw an article about apple's new Wifi booster feature, that will use your network to boost a weak wifi signal. In theory, this is meant to give you the best wifi experience you could hope for, however, it will also chew on your data plan. So i found the button to turn it off under the "cellular" section of settings (its at the very very bottom). After I turned that off, I stopped experiencing freezes.

Maybe something has changed on the back end of apple and I wast not made aware... or maybe I know witchcraft. Either way, this is the only setting I have changed since experiencing the problem, and now I am not. I suggest you give it a try.

Nov 9, 2015 11:04 AM in response to jasonb b

I can't find the thread I posted in, but people have done what I did to fix mine and it fixed them too

"reset all settings" do it TWICE. After it reboots, once, do a reset all settings again! This fixed me, but I did both things shown above.

Also, in addition, IN keyboard settings, I think in accessibility, change the lowercase keyboard to upper case, or vice versa. Whatever it's currently set on, CHANGE IT to lower or all caps. They key here is changing it to what is wasn't set on originally.

iPhone6 slow and freezing after update to iOS 9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.