Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s imessaging is not working

I bought an iPhone 6s Plus and iMessaging is not working.

Every time I try and send an iMessage, it will only send text messages.

I've tried resetting the Network Settings, resetting all of my settings,

signing out and signing into my apple ID in various places including the iMessage section,

I've tried updating my phone to iOS 9.0.1,

I've tried backing up and restoring my phone (so a complete wipe and restore)

and none of these things have worked... The only time it remotely worked was when I completely reloaded the software to iOS 9.0.1 and I was able to send 1 iMessage and then it went back to only sending texts.

Any solutions?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 9:07 PM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2015 7:23 PM in response to jbreazy

So I called AppleCare and they escalated it to a senior manager. He then had to send it off to engineering. The next day it started working on its own. I waited a couple more days and it was still working. The problem was that iMessage wasn't activating on their servers. So either they did something on their end or things just sorted themselves out. I don't know. Either way it's working now.

iphone 6s imessaging is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.