Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI into a Mac Pro 2010

I have a Mac Pro 2010 and installed a Black Magic Design Decklink Studio 4K SD HD Video Editing Card HDMI.

I am trying to import my Sony 8mm HD Tapes from a Sony HVR-M25U which has a HDMI output. I would like to then burn the video to DVD after some editing.

I cannot find a software that allows me to import the video & audio via this method and see the video being imported.

I have Adobe Premiere but it will not import HDMI (They are working on it, haha). The Back Magic software will not show/record the video either.

Does anyone have a recommendation or a solution, I know I can use an iEEE to Firewire 800 but would prefer the HDMI directly into the software via the Black Magic card to record it.

I have a few more questions but I will see if I can get some direction before throwing them out to the community.

Thanks.

Mac Pro, iOS 9.0.1, Black Magic Decklink Studio 4K

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 10:31 AM

Dunno-says it needs Blackmagic's Desktop video software.you can test it by

a-connecting a video source, connecting a monitor to the box, click on the log and capture tab, click 'capture' at the bottom of the log and capture window, click it again when you are done, the clip should appear on the left hand side of Media express.

b-click on playback tab, and it should be okay

on further reading, I guess you can use Blackmagic Media express. go to preferences, then project video format...and set storage location

the stuff about capture is in the blackmagic media express instruction manal pg. 40, which I'll leave up to you to read...I don't think you can see the video being imported in real time. It may do it, though...

good luck to you

JB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2015 10:31 AM in response to theabyss2005

Dunno-says it needs Blackmagic's Desktop video software.you can test it by

a-connecting a video source, connecting a monitor to the box, click on the log and capture tab, click 'capture' at the bottom of the log and capture window, click it again when you are done, the clip should appear on the left hand side of Media express.

b-click on playback tab, and it should be okay

on further reading, I guess you can use Blackmagic Media express. go to preferences, then project video format...and set storage location

the stuff about capture is in the blackmagic media express instruction manal pg. 40, which I'll leave up to you to read...I don't think you can see the video being imported in real time. It may do it, though...

good luck to you

JB

HDMI into a Mac Pro 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.