Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Keyboard

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with installing Windows 7. When I begin the process of installing everything seems fine, but when I'm asked to enter the name of computer I can't do that, because my keyboard and mouse don't work! I really need help, because even Apple Support couldn't help me. I work in OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, iMac 27" with Retina 5K display late 2014, the last Boot Camp version.

Thank you for your help.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), Windows 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 9:19 PM

5 replies

Sep 25, 2015 9:33 PM in response to DueMender

Hi, I bought the Apple USB Full Keyboard for my Mac Mini to overcome this very issue installing Windows 7 on my Mini. I have found the Apple Trackpad a non-issue. Windows will load the basic USB Hub drivers during install. This is why I chose the Apple USB Keyboard over Wireless. You did not specify your keyboard, mouse or trackpad. I am merely passing on what I did to overcome this problem. Cheers!!

Sep 25, 2015 9:52 PM in response to DueMender

Okay. Windows will load basic USB Hub function during install. So during Windows install try using a USB keyboard and mouse. Does not have to be an Apple USB keyboard and mouse because all you are doing is using it to get Windows installed and Boot Camp drivers installed. After that your Wireless Devices should function normally in Windows. Cheers!!

Oct 2, 2015 2:31 AM in response to DueMender

DueMender wrote:

I have USB mouse, but it doesn't work too! Maybe it's because I use USB 3.0. But I don't have 2.0...

There are no USB3 drivers on Windows Installers, unless they are manually added. You will need to use a USB2 flash drive. Please disconnect any external storage or peripherals except the USB2 flash drive? If your are using a USB installer which was created by modifying Bootcamp info.plist you will run into further issues.

Boot Camp Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.