Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 Wallet Size Issue

Today I upgraded to an iPhone 6s from a 5s backup, and I just realized that by doing so it moved over my Starbucks passes as well. However, when I open them they are too wide for the wallet app, making them unable to be deleted/edited in any way. It's as if the resolution is messed up and is still used to my 5s screen. I tried deleting the Starbucks app, but this won't remove them from my wallet, and I can't hit the delete button in the wallet app because of their size. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 11:58 PM

46 replies

Sep 28, 2015 12:25 PM in response to blewis1999

So I was also experiencing this issue, and after many MANY backups and resets, I believe I have found a workaround doing the following steps:

*Note* Create all the backups using iTunes, NOT iCloud. After you have verified that your iPhone 6/6s no longer has the bug, you can create a new iCloud backup.

1) Create a backup using your old iPhone 5/5s on iTunes, NOT on iCloud

2) Erase your iPhone 6/6s, and set up as a new iPhone

3) Create a NEW backup of this reformatted iPhone 6/6s in iTunes

4) Restore your iPhone 6/6s using your old iPhone 5/5s backup

*Note* This will copy all your old apps and settings over and will carry over the Apple Wallet bug

5) Lastly, do a restore from iTunes with the new iPhone 6/6s backup you also created from iTunes

*Note* this should transfer over the CORRECT Apple Wallet Settings without the bug while keeping your old applications.

If some people could test this and let me know if it works. Feel free to task me any questions. The only drawbacks I have fund are that it will not carry over any text messages, contact favorites, or app folders, BUT it's the only method I have found so far that neutralizes the Apple Wallet bug for those upgrading to an iPhone 6/6s from an iPhone 5/5s until Apple pushes out a new update.

Sep 29, 2015 1:13 AM in response to Ralph9430

Hi, Ralph9430

It is not only Starbucks unfortunately as I have the same issue with all my Wallet items:

American Airlines

Jet Blue

Hotels.com

Booking.com

Eventbrite

Starbucks

It seems to me that the "switch" between Standard and Zoom is set the wrong way for the Wallet in ios9.0.1 - didn't get to try in iOS9.0 so maybe a new bug or existing.

I've reported per Radius1238 to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sep 29, 2015 11:46 AM in response to blewis1999

I also have the same issue with my brand new iPhone 6s. The only way to see the whole card in Wallet is to switch to Zoomed View, which is not what I want, or what should need to be done. This is clearly a bug, and I have reported the issue using the link below—others should as well. It is worth noting, that the cards do display properly on the Home Screen with the double-press setting enabled.

Submit Feedback To Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

EDIT: Looks like my Apple Weather App is also affected! The right side is cut off.

iOS 9 Wallet Size Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.