Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Wallet

Is anyone having a problem with adding credit cards or passes into Wallet on iOS 9.0.1? When you try to add a pass the screen pops up to add the pass then quickly disappears. Old passes in the wallet are oversized and you can't see the edges. Any help fixing this problem is appreciated.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 9:45 PM

9 replies

Sep 26, 2015 7:55 AM in response to jblea25

I'm having the same problem. Just got my new 6s yesterday and love it. Prior to adding my credit cards to Wallet, the "home" Wallet screen was sized perfectly. But now that I've entered my credit cards, the screen is zoomed such that the edges of the cards aren't displayed. It also cuts off part of the past transaction information listed below each card.

I've verified that zoom in not enabled in settings and can't figure out how to resize the screen to normal.

Anybody else have this problem and resolve it already?

Sep 26, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Cartoonkid

Just got off the phone with Apple Support. They had me restore the phone and restore from a backup, and the problem persisted. They're thinking that I may have to wipe it and set it up as a new phone, but are checking with Apple engineering first so see if there are any other workarounds. (Hope so, because I don't want to spend all that time recreating the wheel!) I should have an answer in a few days.

The guy I spoke with said that he looked online and saw that other people are posting about this issue, so with any luck, we'll see a 9.0.2 update soon to fix the issue.

Sep 26, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Cartoonkid

After spending most of the day trying several approaches to fix the problem, the only thing that worked was restoring the phone as new, and reinstslling all my apps, photos, music, etc. There may be a problem with the backup since restoring from backup just duplicated the same problem. I also suspect that the cause of the problem is data being transferred from the old wallet to the new one. But, clearing the cards from your old phone, creating a backup, then restoring your new phone from that backup doesn't fix the problem. The only thing that worked was clearing everything from the new phone and starting from scratch. Obviously, this is the worst solution since you lose everything then have to go through the arduous task of reinstalling everything.

Sep 26, 2015 1:18 PM in response to jblea25

I just got my 6S yesterday, and loaded credit cards for the first time. And they also have the edges cut off, and the 'I' button hidden. My phone was in Normal view. I then changed the view to Zoomed, and the cards look right. I know, that makes no sense. But give it a try. The only thing I had a problem with after that, was that when hitting the 'I' for the account details, the secondary account number was cut off. To fix that, I had to reduce the text size.

Now everything looks good.

But there is definitely something wrong, as that does not appear to be a logical fix.

Oct 8, 2015 4:10 PM in response to jblea25

Brand new iPhone 6s, never used wallet or Apple Pay before (since...I couldn't on my iPhone 5)...loaded a single card into Wallet as part of the startup process...updated to iOS 9.0.2 as part of phone startup...restored from backup of my iPhone 5...and see exactly this behavior if screen is in 'standard' mode. If I change screen to 'zoomed', looks good.

But I don't WANT it in 'zoomed' mode, I want to be able to use the extra real estate I get with the 6s vs the 5.

I've added two new credit cards - in standard view they are also clipped a the edges, just as the text below the cards (recent charges etc.) is clipped at the left and right edges.

Doing a full backup, phone wipe and restore seems like taking a sledgehammer to a thumbtack. SURELY that is not really the fix...Apple?

Problem with Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.