Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S is hanging for seconds after unlocking

Hello,

my new iPhone 6s is hanging for 3-5 seconds after unlocking.
I must wait seconds before i can do something. With iPhone 6 and iOS 9.0.1 i have not this problems,

only since the new iPhone 6S with iOS 9.0.1.

The Problem is not always, only sometimes, when the iPhone is more than ca. 10 minutes locked.

Can someone please help me?

Greetings

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 11:08 PM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2015 9:34 AM in response to svenfrombochum

I'm having the same problems with my 6S -- most of the time when unlocking, the phone will unresponsive for 2 to 8 seconds. Neither the touch screen nor the "home" button seem to respond when it's in this state. Then, magically, everything unfreezes and the phone works perfectly until I lock it once more.

This occurred with a fresh-out-of-the-box setup with iOS 9.0.0, and I've tried:

* Reboot with 9.0.0 -- no change

* Update to 9.0.1 -- no change

* Reboot after update to 9.0.1 -- no change

* Factory restore

* ... and because I wanted a usable phone, restoring from my 5S backup. Still hangs.

I've tried two other 6S units belonging to friends to see if they have any similar problems, but both of their phones worked just fine. Seems like we might be the lucky recipients of quirky ones.

Sep 26, 2015 9:50 AM in response to Michael A. Brown

My Phone had the same issue. Until yesterday night. It just stopped 😕 Since then no more freezes.

Give it a while...as I've mentioned in the thread I've started: My best guess is, that there is some kind of indexing going on that needs time to finish.

I can only speak for my phone (and I've no idea If it will stay that way) but after using it for about a day....the problem just vanished.

iPhone 6S is hanging for seconds after unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.