Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key board wont pair with Mini. Mouse does. Keyboard pairs with Laptop. Unable to insert password to launch mac Mini. Checked all other blue tooth devices no problems. Stuck Device types on laptop but wont on Mac? No reset buttons and no access to Mac

Wireless Key board wont pair with Mac Mini. Mouse does though. Keyboard pairs with Laptop.

Unable to insert password to launch mac Mini.

Checked all other blue tooth devices found no problems/ conflicts. Stuck!

Device types on laptop but wont on Mac? With No reset buttons and no access to Mac Mini wondering what to do next?

Mac mini, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 11:57 PM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2015 12:58 AM in response to Isabella is a horse

Well Here it is.

Turned off all devices and disconnected wireless mouse after my Ipad could see and connect both keyboard and Mac Mini...

so after i turned all off I rebooted mac Mini.... Plugged in a USB mouse which worked.... then Mac Mini said no wireless mouse found.... cancel that... then it said cant find a Keyboard.... then it said one found.... do you want to pair.... here is the key enter keyboard and Mac Mini and lo and behold we have a connection... enter password and I am in.....

This set up has been working without a problem for 12 months.... but I suspect that Mac Mini looks for Mouse first then Keyboard... and the Microsoft mouse was somehow preventing Mac Mini from locating the Keyboard.... but I have no idea why it chose this start up to play up... anyway I hope this may help someone else who finds themselves locked out of their Mac Mini. I will attempt to reconnect wireless mouse and see what happens... but at least I have a fix now.

Key board wont pair with Mini. Mouse does. Keyboard pairs with Laptop. Unable to insert password to launch mac Mini. Checked all other blue tooth devices no problems. Stuck Device types on laptop but wont on Mac? No reset buttons and no access to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.