Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find My Photo Stream in Photo

In Photo on Mac I don't have an Album called "My Photo Stream" and can't see the photo's taken on my iPhone. I have photo streaming turned on on both my mac and iPhone.

The only way I seem to get photos off my phone to my mac is direct import.

How can a fix so I get My Photo Stream on the Mac?

Phone = iphone 6s on iOS 9.0.1. Mac = MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010), running 10.10.5. Photos = 1.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:42 AM

the Photo Steam will work invisbly in the background, without a separate My Photo Stream album, if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled. Then the phot stream photos will only appear in the All Photos Album. See: My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

Once you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your device, any photos you add to My Photo Stream from other devices will appear in the All Photos tab in the Photos app, and organized in Moments, Collections, and Years.

Are yous seeing your iPhone photos in the "All Photos" album or the moments?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2015 12:42 AM in response to MikeyO

the Photo Steam will work invisbly in the background, without a separate My Photo Stream album, if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled. Then the phot stream photos will only appear in the All Photos Album. See: My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

Once you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your device, any photos you add to My Photo Stream from other devices will appear in the All Photos tab in the Photos app, and organized in Moments, Collections, and Years.

Are yous seeing your iPhone photos in the "All Photos" album or the moments?

Sep 26, 2015 2:22 AM in response to MikeyO

You re using the same Apple ID on both the Mac and the iPhone? And the iPhone is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi?

And you have closed the Camera.app? The iPhone will not upload, while the camera is open.

if all that does not apply, open the Console.app (from the Applications > Utilities folder). Are there any error messages relating to com.apple.photostream-agent ?

Can't find My Photo Stream in Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.