Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet cropped/zoomed in on iPhone 6s

On my new iPhone 6s, Apple Wallet is zoomed in (edges are cropped from cards, making some unusable) and controls are off-screen.

This happens in "standard" view mode, not "zoomed".

Other comments:

1. Doesn't happen on double-click from locked state.

2. In zoomed mode, everything is fine.

It appears that Apple Wallet is a "scaled" app (like Calc. Compass, etc.), and it's getting confused in "standard" mode.

This is a known bug (see: Reddit), but Apple isn't doing anything about it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 5:19 AM

53 replies

Sep 27, 2015 3:32 AM in response to lindros2

I've had exactly the same problem with my 6s and have struggled to find any info online about this big. When I first setup my 6s I set it up as a new phone and didn't have this problem but realised I wanted to bring all my content across so reset and restored from my 5s backup which is when the problem started. My work colleague who set up as a new phone didn't have this issue. Spoke to Apple support who tried a few things like resetting all the settings and restoring from my backup again. Failing that they said it should be fixed in a future update!

Sep 27, 2015 9:36 AM in response to TheGriz

This problem is being reported on lots of threads and forums.

It appears to be caused when people restore a new iphone 6S from an iCloud backup of a smaller screen iphone (e.g. a 5S).

It is a bug. There is no fix unless you are prepared to wipe your phone and NOT restore it from a backup. You can't even fix it by restoring it from a new backup made on a 6S - once the display settings are screwed the problem keeps getting rolled forward.

we all need to hope Apple fixes this in an update.

Sep 29, 2015 1:23 AM in response to lindros2

Just chiming in with another instance of the bug on new 6s. Restored from 5s, but of course you have to renter credit cards. Other cards, like Walgreens and Starbucks restored from backup. However, like others are reporting (and another family member here), all cards are cropped when using the Wallet app. If accessed from the lock screen (using double-click on home button), all cards display correctly.

iOS 9.0.1 128 GB 6s (other family member has same, restored from same)

edit: also verified that setting the display to "zoomed" will cause the Wallet app to display cards normally. However, both times it tried and failed to restart to switch modes. It just shut off, and would only respond by doing a forced reset. Also, rather inconveniently, it failed to keep track of my bottom row of home screen icons (from Normal display mode). I don't use the Waller app often (well, it's only been three days...) but I do hope it is fixed long before 9.1 arrives. It's embarrassing, frankly. *looks for appropriate emoji*

Sep 29, 2015 11:35 PM in response to lindros2

I also have this issue. In order to delete a ticket or pass or non-credit item in the wallet you have to open the Wallet app, click on the little i for "info" button lower right. The item then flips to the reverse and you can tap on delete in the upper left. However, because of the zoom issue when an item is displayed within the Wallet app, the little i button is virtually zoomed off the screen. I was able, after a few tries, to hit the almost missing button so the item flipped and I could tap the delete button, which was also partially obscured. This cannot be done in the view from lock screen option - there is no delete option on the back in this view. Apple needs to fix this problem pronto.

As an experiment, I removed my Walgreens rewards card from the wallet, then added it back from within the Walgreens app. It is still corrupted in the Wallet due to the zoom issue.

Wallet cropped/zoomed in on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.