Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change v/m greeting in IOS 9

Anyone else not able to change their voicemail greeting with IOS 9 or 9.1? Ideas for a work-around?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 9:08 AM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2015 9:08 AM in response to DumbSmartPhones

Hello,
Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there's an issue changing your voicemail greeting on your iPhone 5s. While the article below doesn't specifically mention the issue that you described, it provides a lot of great troubleshooting tips that will resolve most issues related to visual voicemail on an iPhone.

Get help with visual voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

Take care.

Oct 4, 2015 12:48 PM in response to DumbSmartPhones

I am having this problem now. There is no work around that I have found. Spoke with AT&T to make sure it's not an issue on their end, and it's not. This is all Apple.

I already have an open ticket because of iCloud issues and iOS 9. I emailed the person helping me to let her know that I am also having voicemail greeting issues.

I think if we want to get this resolved, people have to call Apple support and let them know it's an issue they need to fix. iOS 9.anything is just really terrible.

Oct 23, 2015 4:38 AM in response to Jason L

With all due respect, this is a big deal. I have a custom out-of-office greeting currently active that I set yesterday. This morning, I can't change back to the default greeting, or record a new custom greeting. This is not a visual voicemail issue.

This morning I just updated to ios 9.1, with same problem. I am on AT&T, model ME305LL/A, version 9.1 (13B143).

Dec 11, 2015 7:01 PM in response to DumbSmartPhones

Hey, don't know if you got your voicemail greeting screen working yet, but I finally got mine to work today. I had to delete all of my old voicemails. If you go to the deleted voicemail folder and select "all clear" or whatever the delete all button is, then that seems to unfreeze the voicemail greeting screen. Well, it worked for me anyways. FYI and good luck.

Can't change v/m greeting in IOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.