Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access yahoo mail via iPad app since ios9

Since upgrading to iOS9 on my iPad, i have not been able to access my main yahoo email account via the iPad Mail App. (My other yahoo account still works!)The reason it states is age restrictions. I tried deleting the account but now I cannot reload it. I can still access it via Safari and it still works on my iPhone but not having it on the iPad is very inconvenient. This is an account I have had for many years And I am 40 years over 13! Can anyone help please.

Thank you.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 10:32 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 1:25 PM in response to sewgood2

I have had this start happening on my 12 year old daughters account. I know on her Yahoo account it uses her real birthday so it's seeing she is under 13. But why has this just started happening? Why can't a kid use the native iOS Mail app to open their Yahoo email? It also is true when trying to use the Yahoo Mail App as it gives me the same message.

I'm pretty sure you can not edit your birthday for your Yahoo account which makes this a pain for a work around.

Really hope it gets fixed quickly.

Oct 7, 2015 2:16 PM in response to DHosmer

I Eventually got this fixed. I found a phone number for international calls to Yahoo in the US and after some pain in getting through the recorded messages I managed to speak to a real person who, after asking a couple of security questions, was able to correct my birth date in Yahoos records..I don't ever recalling giving them a date of birth Previously.. And hey presto, normal service was restored Immediately. I dont know how or why this suddenly started to happen but all I know was I got it fixed only by speaking to Yahoo...emailing them was a complete waste of time..seems it wasn't an Apple issue but an underlying yahoo one.

Apr 13, 2016 5:42 AM in response to sewgood2

I was able to fix the issue - by adding his yahoo email as "other" email.

1. Go to Settings

2. Then select "Mails, Contacts,and Calenders"

3. Add account

4. Select "Other" and select "Add Mail Account"

5. add your Email and password

To set up Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) on your mobile device, please use the following settings:

Incoming Server -

Host Name: imap.mail.yahoo.com

User name: ("your Email" @yahoo.com )

Password: (Your email password)

Outgoing Server -

Host Name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

User Name: ( "your Email" @yahoo.com )

Password: (Your email password)

Unable to access yahoo mail via iPad app since ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.