Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't refresh contacts on iPhone 5S with iOS 9

I used to be able to go into Contacts, tap on Groups, and then pull down to refresh my contacts. It won't pull to refresh any more since I upgraded to iOS 9. You can pull the screen down, but no twirling refresh symbol. So all the contacts that I've added from my work account on my PC desktop aren't in my iPhone 5S, iPad or iMac.

I've Google searched and searched here and can't find any answers.

VERY. FRUSTRATING. 😠

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:36 PM

7 replies

Oct 3, 2015 9:24 AM in response to RoseCat_60

We see this issue with CardDAV (Contacts) Account from our MacMini Server, not CalDAV (Calendar) Account. The issue is simple, there is no longer a refresh feature in IOS 9 Contacts (Calendar still has one). In IOS 8 when you went you were in Contact application, then clicked on Groups, when you pulled down there was a refresh swirl and all was good; however in IOS 9 pulling down does NOTHING!!!!. The only time IOS 9 seems to update shared CardDAV contacts is when you either a new one, or edit or delete an existing one. To test we have an iPhone still on IOS 8, one on IOS 9, two iPads on IOS 9, one iPad on IOS 8, and two Mac’s still running Yosemite. When a new contact is created on IOS 9 device and saved it’s seen only on two IOS 8 devices, and Mac’s, not on the two other IOS 9 devices. Now edit a contact on another IOS 9 device and save, again the contact updates on both IOS 8 devices and Mac’s, not on the other two IOS 9 devices; however that new contact added on the 1st IOS 9 device now is on this IOS 9 device that you did the edit on.

Bottom line, Apple lost Contact refresh in IOS 9.

I can’t believe that just released IOS 9.0.2 still doesn’t have this fixed yet.

Oct 7, 2015 2:11 PM in response to RoseCat_60

Same problem: discovered contacts entered/edited on iphone not appearing on iPad / MacbookPro / iCloud. Pulling down iPhone Contacts/Groups does not produce refresh twirl. Glad to hear from others they have same lack of refresh twirl: thought I was going nuts, too. Now Oct 7 and apple still hasn't fixed???? Do we all have to add/edit contacts on Mac as well as iphone until Apple gets its act together???

Oct 11, 2015 3:37 AM in response to jessmjones

From another thread:

I am not sure if this is the Only/Best way to do it, but I found I can refresh contacts if I

1. Close the Contacts App

2. Open Settings, click on iCloud

3. Wait for all the refresh indicators to stop spinning

4. Reopen Contacts

The other glitch is that contact groups are now not orders alphabetically.

Between the 2 glitches I'd be worried that my contacts might suddenly disappear (as all my Pages documents did when I upgraded to Mavericks!!!!).

For this reason I've created an archive of my contacts and saved to DropBox...just to be sure to be sure.....

Can't refresh contacts on iPhone 5S with iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.