Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage/FaceTime activation does not activate

iMessage/FaceTime activation does not activate. I have iOS 9.0.1 on this new iPhone 6s and my iMessage isn't working though my phone number, it's just sending with my alternate email. I've tried everything, from resetting network settings, turning off iPhone, and turning iMessage on and off. Don't know how to fix it, can any one help?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Can't get iMessage to work through on her brand new 6s with iOS 9.0.1 either. Several times it's checked both her phone number and email address off as activated but they are not working. As soon as she tries to send an iMessage to me, it fails and sends as a text instead. We've been going through this for several hours. I'm not wasting more time on it until there's a fix.

Apple is starting to frustrate me as every release seems to raise a new series of issues with either hardware or software. Where has the quality control gone?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2015 11:57 AM in response to Bland21

Can't get iMessage to work through on her brand new 6s with iOS 9.0.1 either. Several times it's checked both her phone number and email address off as activated but they are not working. As soon as she tries to send an iMessage to me, it fails and sends as a text instead. We've been going through this for several hours. I'm not wasting more time on it until there's a fix.

Apple is starting to frustrate me as every release seems to raise a new series of issues with either hardware or software. Where has the quality control gone?

Jul 2, 2016 2:47 AM in response to Bland21

This post is so way back, you probably found a solution already. I struggled activating iMessage/Facetime for over two weeks! After trying everything my carrier's senior tech support told me to do (reset network settings, reset all settings, restored my iphone, sim swap), I managed to solve the problem myself... Make sure that you have airtime loaded on your phone! I have a contract phone so naturally didn't think of that, because there are minutes, sms's and data on my phone. The activation sms that iMessage and Facetime sends and receives to activate the service, is a paid sms and will not activate using your contract sms bundles.

After loading the minimum amount of airtime on my phone, I switched on iMessage and it almost immediatly activated! Same for Facetime.

I hope this helps!

iMessage/FaceTime activation does not activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.