Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can You Update Verizon iPhone 5C When It Is Not On a Line

I'm about to get a iPhone 5c to use as a ipod touch. Can I update it when its not on a line? I'm keeping the sim card in there just in case if I ever to factory reset it is something goes wrong

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Howdy johnnyf29,

I understand that you're looking to use your iPhone 5c without a wireless service plan, effectively working as an iPod touch.

Fortunately this can, indeed, be done, as outlined in the article linked below. So long as the iPhone 5c has been previously activated using the SIM card in the device, there should be no issue going forward!

Using an iPhone without a wireless service plan - Apple Support

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 10:24 AM in response to johnnyf29

Howdy johnnyf29,

I understand that you're looking to use your iPhone 5c without a wireless service plan, effectively working as an iPod touch.

Fortunately this can, indeed, be done, as outlined in the article linked below. So long as the iPhone 5c has been previously activated using the SIM card in the device, there should be no issue going forward!

Using an iPhone without a wireless service plan - Apple Support

Regards

Can You Update Verizon iPhone 5C When It Is Not On a Line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.