Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My songs are downloading to groove music not itunes? I want them to download to itunes.

I went to add new songs to my phone and they downloaded to "Groove Music", not Itunes. Want to find a way to make them download to itunes automatically not groove music. Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, Use to have an Iphone 4

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 1:30 PM

Almost certainly a Windows setting, though you can configure iTunes to warn you if it is not the default application for audio files (checkbox in Edit > Preferences > Advanced). Groove Music is the built-in music application in Windows 8 and 10.

Only purchases from the iTunes Store will automatically be added to your iTunes library. You can configure other vendors' tools to do the same thing (e.g., Amazon Music can be set up to export downloads to iTunes). Otherwise you'll need to use one of iTunes three standard methods to add new media to your library:

• drag and drop files from Windows Explorer / File Explorer to the iTunes Window
  • use File > Add File to Library... or File > Add Folder to Library ...
  • drag or copy the media files to the Automatically Add to iTunes folder within the iTunes library structure on your PC.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2015 1:30 PM in response to HollyMichelle22

Almost certainly a Windows setting, though you can configure iTunes to warn you if it is not the default application for audio files (checkbox in Edit > Preferences > Advanced). Groove Music is the built-in music application in Windows 8 and 10.

Only purchases from the iTunes Store will automatically be added to your iTunes library. You can configure other vendors' tools to do the same thing (e.g., Amazon Music can be set up to export downloads to iTunes). Otherwise you'll need to use one of iTunes three standard methods to add new media to your library:

• drag and drop files from Windows Explorer / File Explorer to the iTunes Window
  • use File > Add File to Library... or File > Add Folder to Library ...
  • drag or copy the media files to the Automatically Add to iTunes folder within the iTunes library structure on your PC.

Jan 3, 2016 12:22 PM in response to HollyMichelle22

To resolve this what you need to do is change your music player to iTunes in Windows 10

To do this follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings

2. Click on System

3. On the left click on Default Apps

4. Scroll down until you find Music Player

5. Click on (Groove Music) This may be different to yours

6. Change it to iTunes (Or any other Music Player you want)

My songs are downloading to groove music not itunes? I want them to download to itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.