Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 stuck in recovery mode Itunes doesnt recognize it either so I cant use I tunes to fix. Any suggestions?

I have Ipad 2 (4yrs old) & tried to upgrade to iOS 9 (said it was compatible) but I don't think it finished downloading (97% I think) so now the Ipad is stuck In recovery & ITunes does not recognize it nor will my pc let me add it as a device. Any suggestions? ty ty ty

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.1, Stuck in recovery mode

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 10:49 AM

I had the same problem with my iPad 2 when attempting to update to iOS 9. I contacted Apple support but was told there was nothing they could do, and I had to pay a technician to fix it. Now I'm afraid to update to 9.0.1, and it won't allow me to contact Apple support via iPad because I don't have the latest version of Safari -- suspect the problem to be that I haven't attempted the latest update. NO help from Apple. Very frustrating!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2015 10:49 AM in response to va11055

I had the same problem with my iPad 2 when attempting to update to iOS 9. I contacted Apple support but was told there was nothing they could do, and I had to pay a technician to fix it. Now I'm afraid to update to 9.0.1, and it won't allow me to contact Apple support via iPad because I don't have the latest version of Safari -- suspect the problem to be that I haven't attempted the latest update. NO help from Apple. Very frustrating!

Sep 29, 2015 7:09 PM in response to va11055

How? How? How? ITunes wouldn't recognize my iPad, and when I tried to restore to factory settings, the process wouldn't complete. My Apple rep said there was nothing else to be done. I really wish I had more information. That might give me more confidence to download the latest,update, 9.0.1. Right now I'm paralyzed. I depend on this little device!

Ipad 2 stuck in recovery mode Itunes doesnt recognize it either so I cant use I tunes to fix. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.