Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s IOS 9 Problem?

it seems as if ios 9 has shortened the battery life by a lot even when you do not use it. my charger has stopped working the night before so i took it to school the morning after to see if anyone had a charger so i could charge it over there (went to school with 36 percent battery and it died after 3hrs) but no one had it. i come home at around 7pm and school starts at 8am so that's nearly 10hrs without charge and it is completely dead. will not even show the "charge me sign" anyone. it has been charging for about 3 hours and still nothing. its not the charger nor the outlet because i have used it many times before and it has worked. i have already tried restarting it, turning it on/ off and it doesn't work. what should i do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:48 PM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2015 12:47 PM in response to SkRiL€x

Hello

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPhone is not charging. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Oct 29, 2015 11:45 AM in response to SkRiL€x

Hi,

My wife's iPhone 4 just had the iOS 9 update, and now she has a similar problem. She can charge the phone, but the battery goes dead very quickly, say 5-8 hours instead of 3 days. She has the Low Power Mode turned off, which I suggest you do in your settings. In some cases the battery will drain quickly, say if you leave it on your freezer, or anything cold. The other thing that is strange is that when she checked Battery Usage, she found out her Reminders App. which is empty now, showing battery usage as 81%. This is strange and might be a problem for a Mac tech. Also when she charges the iPhone the Green indicator light is now orange. Another idea is that her iphone is about 3-4 years old and might need the battery replaced.

Hope this helps.

Rickfaulk

iPhone 5s IOS 9 Problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.