Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any other way to identify the rev a Apple TV other than looking at the hardware?

Hey guys,

I work at a school and we currently have around 70 Apple TV's deployed in every classroom. We just recently discovered the difference between the 3rd generation Apple TV and the Rev A 3rd Generation Apple TV. I know that you can find out whether you have a rev a by looking at the bottom of the Apple TV itself, but I'm wondering if there's any other way to find out? We have a mix of rev a's and regular 3rd generations in the classrooms and we want to replace the regular ones with the Rev A ones. They are all up near the ceiling so it's going to be hard to check every one of the by having to look at the Apple TV themselves.

Is there a series or sequence of Serial Numbers maybe that pertain to the Rev A's? Because I know you can check the serial number in the "About" section in the Apple TV settings.

Thanks guys!

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 1:09 PM

Append the last three characters of its serial number to http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords= and load the page.

(134008)

1 reply

Is there any other way to identify the rev a Apple TV other than looking at the hardware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.