Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

US holidays not showing up on iPhone 6s Calendar app

After setting up my iPhone 6s and upgrading to the very latest iOS 9 update, I do not see US Holidays appearing on my Calendar app even though it's checked off in settings. I see the Birthdays that is also checked off, but not Holidays. I do see Holidays on the app for my iPad and iPod Touch.

I arranged a call with Apple Support. They could not resolve this issue. The finally try was to restore the phone to factory settings. After hours of setting up my phone to just the way I want it, I am not willing to attempt this because in the end it might not work. It might be in a future iOS update.

Any help would be appreciated. My settings mirror my last iPhone so there is nothing checked off that will be causing a conflict with the checked off US Holidays in the app.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:54 PM

Hi!

Try the following:

- Refresh your calendars doing the following:

1 Open Calendar app and tap the Calendars tab to load the Calendars list (bottom center of your display).

2 Pull down on the list to refresh (like you do, as an example, to update your email messages)

- Go on your calendar events and verify the holiday events

Don't forget to delete any other US Holiday calendars that you may have added, to avoid holiday events duplicated.

Wish it will works!

Regards

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 1:54 PM in response to sirka67

Hi!

Try the following:

- Refresh your calendars doing the following:

1 Open Calendar app and tap the Calendars tab to load the Calendars list (bottom center of your display).

2 Pull down on the list to refresh (like you do, as an example, to update your email messages)

- Go on your calendar events and verify the holiday events

Don't forget to delete any other US Holiday calendars that you may have added, to avoid holiday events duplicated.

Wish it will works!

Regards

Oct 13, 2015 4:18 PM in response to Nosiggnore

I'm happy that it worked (both for you and for piglesias)!

I found this simple solution (I was going crazy too) for my wife's iPhone 6s Plus! We bought the same phone and in mine the us holidays calendar worked great!

I read on the web many solutions where they suggested to install a new us holiday calendar but I refused to give up!

I love the iPhone and I learned that sometimes the best solution is the simplest! 😉

Cheers

US holidays not showing up on iPhone 6s Calendar app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.