Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s will not charge

My iPhone 5s will not charge I have tried different cords, different charger blocks and different wall outlets but none of them are charging my phone. I have also tried cleaning the charger port.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 2:15 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Ethan175

Hello Ethan175,

Thank you for being a member of the Apple Support Communities and posting your question!

It sounds like you have done a lot of troubleshooting for this situation where your iPhone 5s is not charging, but the issue continues. You have worked through some great steps already, but to continue this process, I suggest working through the steps outlined in the attached article.

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue continues after performing these steps, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support for further assistance by using the link in the Get more help section.

Please reply and let us know if these steps were able to assist you in resolving this situation or to provide more information. I know battery issues can be frustrating, but I want to assure you that we are here to help! :)

We’re glad that you are a part of the Apple Support Communities and can’t wait to hear more from you!

Have a great day!

My iPhone 5s will not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.