Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 12inch gold macbook and it randomly restarts itself all the time. Help!!!

I have a 12inch gold macbook and it randomly restarts itself all the time. Help!!!

I have all my software updates at the latest state ...routinely continues to do all software updates automatically but still the restarts continue to happen. There is no pattern that at least I have been able to discern. There are also no error messages when I log in after the automatic restart.

It has never happened when I have been actively working on a computer and 100% of time when the screen has gone to sleep.

Please help.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 3:40 PM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2015 4:14 PM in response to Linc Davis

I have this problem also.

My MacBook Pro will run perfectly for hours or potentially days, then can restart up to 10 times in 30 mins.

My screen will go completely blank, I will hear the hard-drive restart, the screen will tell me an error occurred, it proceeds, then restarts again & eventually loads back up to the log-in page.

Mine has been doing it since i had my hard-drive replaced about a year ago (or so) with Apple.

I'm running a MacBook Pro (15 inch) mid 2010, on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Can you please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.