Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay does not work after installing ios 9 and ios 9.0.1 updates on my iPad Air.

AIrplay will not work after installing IOS 9 and 9.0.1 on my iPad air and iPhone 5S

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 12:38 AM

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2015 12:38 AM in response to Vignewood

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Sep 29, 2015 6:38 PM in response to Vignewood

Mine isn't working properly either. I tried all the suggested steps and no luck. It seems to be isolated for me to streaming from Safari. When my device locks after 2 minutes (or whatever time I have set) it loses the connection. The only work around I've found is to switch the lock option to NEVER in settings. Which is less than ideal, previously the device could lock and airplay would remain intact from any app.

Oct 1, 2015 6:40 PM in response to MGG18

I just updated iPad Air 2 to IOS 9.0.2 and same problem with Apple TV Airplay stops. Then on a lark while video was playing in Safari I did the 5 finger pinch - go to home screen, then I closed the protective case which puts iPad to sleep and the video continued to play on Apple TV. I didn't do a lot of testing but I tried it several times and it works.

Oct 4, 2015 11:32 PM in response to Vignewood

After reading forums about this for a while, I finally got my home AppleTVs working. Previously, everything worked fine like you all mentioned but ever since the iOS 9 update AirPlay would crash after a couple seconds. What I read from someone else and which worked for me was creating a 5GHz only network on my WiFi and having my iPad try streaming from that network. Since I did this, I haven't had any issues.

Hope this helps some of you!

Oct 12, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Vignewood

I could not stream from my iPad Air to my Appletv, but I discovered that, after disconnecting the Appletv from the power, plugging it again and restarting it, if I connected my bluetooth phones, the Airplay options would show up right next to the Airdrop ones, at the bottom of the screen, swiping it from below, and it would work when changing the Airplay tick from my phones to the Appletv. Better than nothing!!!

Airplay does not work after installing ios 9 and ios 9.0.1 updates on my iPad Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.