Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.0.1 update and iCloud problem

I just updated my iPad to iOS 9.0.1. My device keeps asking me to enter my password for my iCloud account. The problem is that iCloud is referencing my old id and will not accept any password I enter. itunes remained signed in to my current id. I can't sign out because it wants my password. I can't sign in to my wifi either. Any help would be appreciated.

iPad, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 7:42 PM

24 replies

Sep 27, 2015 2:34 PM in response to DFrye37

OK, so you need to do the following:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your current Apple ID and password: Apple - My Apple ID. EDIT your current Apple ID back to the old email address. This is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password.

2. Go to Settings>iCloud on your device, and scroll to the bottom of the page and sign out. When it asks for a password, type in your current Apple ID password.

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your old ID and current password. EDIT your Apple ID back to your current email address. You may have to verify it again.

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign on with your current Apple ID and password.

You should be good to go!

Cheers,

GB

Oct 22, 2015 9:15 AM in response to gail from maine

Hello,

I am having this same issue. However, my old Apple ID was not an email address. Obviously, I've been with Apple for a long time - before your ID needed to be an email address. So, the hangup with this solution is that I cannot change back to my non-email address username. Apple won't let me change my Apple ID to back to my old one. Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Oct 22, 2015 4:26 PM in response to gail from maine

Thanks GB.

I was able to fix the issue by doing a "Reset" on a my phone settings. It's a bit of a hassle to have to restore all of my phone settings, but all of the data is preserved and the Apple ID issue has gone away. And, it was a bit refreshing to have a clean slate from years of "old settings". Any who, just FYI in case anyone else encounters my specific issue. Thanks for the reply and have a good one.

j

Nov 15, 2015 3:04 PM in response to jaystad

SSame trouble.

SIgned out of everything. Signed back in.

COnfirmed my id and password are fine. Updated password anyway on all devices.

Reset settings.

It will sometimes even send an alert to my iPad and Mac that a new phone is using facetime and messages.

STill. If I turn the phone on it asks. I have even restored from a back up. No solutions.

APple says eats it must be something in my back up and to set it up as new (the phone is a week old).

I don't think there are any tricks left.

Anyone?

Nov 15, 2015 6:10 PM in response to gail from maine

No. Don't even know how to do that. All I did was buy a new phone and used a back up for starting it. Hasn't been right since.

i would know if I set that up, right?

it actually send alerts that a new phone has been setup to my iPad and Mac.

IVe signed née in and out of everything. Even changed my password as the prompt says it needs updating, with the assist of apple.

next, they'll have me set up as new. And I'll lose my data just to ensure it's not the device.:/

thank you! All other devices using those and all iCloud serviced are fine. Including FaceTime and messages.

Nov 15, 2015 8:08 PM in response to gail from maine

Hello

if I turn my phone on I'm told to log into my iCloud account in settings. I click settings and then it says my password needs updating. Which was done last night with the assist of Apple (was in store with my Mac).

I happened to turn on my old 4s and got a similar prompt. Then, as a test turned off my iPad (8.4.1) and when I turned it back on, similar but one stage prompt. (Like my 4s both on versions of 8).

Since the only common thing is my account among devices, Apple would like to put my account in troubleshooting mode so they can examine it. I've only had the one. And until I got the new phone This didn't happen. (Okay, two common denominators!)

DOes that sound reasonable!? What a pain, though.

iOS 9.0.1 update and iCloud problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.