Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV can no longer stream Netflix and the like...

Up To a couple of weeks ago, my ATV worked just fine! Also going through so many issues with Comcast and their equipment - after dealing with Comcast's tech crew I had to be put on 'suicide watch'! Those who giggled know exactly what I mean!!! However, once getting a reasonable WiFi signal throughout the house, my iPhone is receiving the signal as well as is my iPad, my 55" Vizio at the other end of the house, along with my PS3 - all functionOMG off this new WiFi signal - but my ATV can't stream Netflix or Hulu and many more listed on the ATV with the exception of YouTube! So my ATV will recognize the WiFi signal available, go through the motions of a successful setup, but can't stream... Anyone harbo any 'real' ideas or 'know' of what's really happening?! I've gone through the steps of "Restore" with no successful results. So now I'm at a loss! Oh and By the way, my input is a Ethernet connection from an Extender that's receiving a strong WiFi signal as it's only 18' from source. Of course it's been tested disconnected as a WiFi direct source too with worse results!

Apple TV, Other OS, #MD199LL/A Software 5.2.1(6025)

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 7:39 PM

20 replies

Oct 4, 2015 11:57 PM in response to vazandrew

I Took the ATV out to opposite end of the home from the cable modem/router is to where a smart TV resides along with a PS3. Although both the TV and the PS3 receive the WiFi just fine, the ATV can't even establish a connection! It will display all the WiFi signals in the area, even more so than the TV or PS3 can, just after entering the password, the unit errors out with -3905 or (5)

Any ideas?

Oct 14, 2015 12:56 PM in response to vazandrew

After further in-house testing, I've found that my iPhone 6P receives a very good signal from existing modem/router, however, both my iPad and ATV do not! Is it possible that these units do not have the most up to date antenna capabilities that the iPhone 6P does?! I don't understand why one Apple unit does so well while the other two do not, if not for a reception difference? This is so very frustrating as I relied upon the ATV for so many things! I'll run the diagnostics on both the iPhone and the iPad and get two extremely different readings. Just at a loss on what I can do at this point under budget...

Oct 17, 2015 1:46 PM in response to Wanbli61

That's become an exhaustive dead end. This is Comcast…. I've had them in chat, on the phone and for home resolve - anything related to my Apple products they point the finger to seek Apple's help as they don't/won't have time or authority to deal with this issue! To afford Apple's help I could purchase a new ATV (Not that it would guarantee it to work)! What doesn't make sense is that not just 7 weeks ago, both the ATV and iPad had perfect signal performance!!! I don't know…

My Apple TV can no longer stream Netflix and the like...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.