Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s live photo does not work

II've tried taking pictures of my son chopping wood. I hold down with pressure the picture but there is no animation. Is it something I'm doing wrong or could my phone have a bug. Other touch sensitive features work well.

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 4:22 AM

16 replies

Oct 20, 2017 7:14 PM in response to Candersonx

when I first bought my iPhone SE live photo animation was working while I viewed pictures in the camera roll. I'm not sure exactly when it happened but it just stopped working. Only when I hold down my finger on the picture it shows the extended animation. I tried the suggestions listed in this forum, such as turning off reduce motion, rebooting phone, ensuring live photo icon is enabled...still no success. I am using iOS 11. Does anyone have any additional suggestions outside of what has already been mentioned?

Sep 27, 2015 9:33 PM in response to Candersonx

LivePhotos worked fine till about 2 hours ago... Suddenly all my new and older Live Photos show up as small movies in the camera reel and photos app on my 6S. ( im am running 9.0.1 )

The only thing i can think off for causing the problem is that i ran my Camera + app for the first time since i bought my 6S, might be a coincidence but they did stop working right after this. Can't seem to figure out a way to fix Live Photos, so if anyone has any ideas it will help (already uninstalled Camera +, rebooted etc and did not work).

And yes it is active just not working as it is storing picture and movie files separate.

Oct 4, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Candersonx

Did anybody find a solution to this? Can I also ask, are you restoring from a previous iPhone?

I replaced my 6s today for the same problem, but it seems that live photo still does not work. Considering this is supposed to be a new function specifically for the new gen, it's rather infuriating that it doesn't work! As is not being able to find a lot of information anywhere else to fix it!

Dec 1, 2015 5:31 PM in response to Ghalluia

Ghalluia wrote:

its not working with me too even the main wallpaper for iphone doesn't work

Let's rule out the obvious ...

Do you have a 6s or 6s Plus? Live Photo wallpaper only works on these models.

Was the photo taken with Live Photo enabled? The camera setting for Live Photo has to be enabled for it to even take a Live Photo.

When you selected the photo for wallpaper, do you see Live Photo as one of the three options? (i.e. Still | Perspective | Live Photo) If not, it is not a Live Photo.

After setting the Live Photo for wallpaper, are you pressing the screen to see it in action? It does not move by itself.

Apr 29, 2016 7:58 PM in response to Candersonx

Okay, so here's the deal cause I just figured this out myself because I thought mine didn't work. 1st, when you take a picture, there must be action going on at the time you took it. 2nd, select the picture and touch and hold the screen. 3rd, when using for wallpaper, live photo only works on the lock screen, not the home screen (I had to google this one to be sure)

iPhone 6s live photo does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.