Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage is slow/delayed to a particular contact

I am having issues with a particular contact over iMessage. It seems to be really slow to send (blue bar is slow across screen), when it blue bar has cleared, delivered is delayed slightly also. However, it seems that the message is received before my phone suggests that it has been delivered. This is a hassle because the conversation does not flow, as the contact will be typing back to me before other messages have seemed to send.

It seems this all started post ios 9 update, and 9.0.1 hasn't addressed this issue.

Also, the contact turned cellular off, and back on again for other reasons and it seemed to change the settings of iMessage whereby the messages send and receive to the email of that contact and it works fine.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:41 PM

Any progress on this? I have the exact same problem and cannot figure it out. I'm glad I'm not the only one....

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 5:50 PM in response to mikegor

HI Mike,

Yes I resolved the issue on my own. i did a couple things and this helped instantly.

I Basically deleted the contact I had the issues with and re added it again. At the same time also deleteing the message thread or threads depending on if you were sending to the cont email as well as numbeR.

hopefully here isn't anything important in the thread, but you could always find ways to save them.

I can't guarenatee it wasn't a coincidence so if it works for you the hopefully that cements a solution for other.

LEt me know how it goes

My iMessage is slow/delayed to a particular contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.