Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDFs in "Preview folder" opened in Pixelmator

Since update to iOS 9.0.1 I noticed on my iPhone 6 that all PDF files saved in the Preview folder in iCloud Drive are being opened in the Pixelmatr app.

Before all PDFs has being opened in the iOS PDF viewer like it does in the mail app. When I open any PDF file in any other iCloud drive folder its opened in the iOD PDF viewer too.

Has anyone any idea how to change that PDFs in the Preview folder are again not opened in Pixelmatr but in PDF viewer?

My iMac stores all PDFs from the iMac Preview app in the iCloud Drive > Preview folder.

THX if someone can help

Olaf

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:02 PM

I found a workaround in this thread from MacRumors:

1. Press ℹ to right of PDF. If you don't see the "i" you may need to change the view style from icons to list (I had this problem).
  2. Here you can see that below the file details there is an action "Open in Pixelmator". Don't select it.
  3. Select the "Share icon". Top-right in iPad.
  4. Select copy to iBooks. In my case I used Goodreader instead. But I think it's the same idea.
  5. After the PDF is displayed in the other app, delete it (the copy in iBooks or Goodreader).
  6. Try to open it again from iCloud Drive. In my case pixelmator is not called anymore. ("Open in Pixelmator" doesn't appear anymore).

Hope this can help you.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2015 11:02 PM in response to OMagic

I found a workaround in this thread from MacRumors:

1. Press ℹ to right of PDF. If you don't see the "i" you may need to change the view style from icons to list (I had this problem).
  2. Here you can see that below the file details there is an action "Open in Pixelmator". Don't select it.
  3. Select the "Share icon". Top-right in iPad.
  4. Select copy to iBooks. In my case I used Goodreader instead. But I think it's the same idea.
  5. After the PDF is displayed in the other app, delete it (the copy in iBooks or Goodreader).
  6. Try to open it again from iCloud Drive. In my case pixelmator is not called anymore. ("Open in Pixelmator" doesn't appear anymore).

Hope this can help you.

Nov 1, 2015 11:40 AM in response to juan vo

UUnfortunately this solves the problem temporarily.as soon as i press the "i" on another pdf on another icloud drive folder e.g documents by readdle then i get an "open in pixelmator" below the file.if i open this pdf with pixelmator then the previous pdf (which i could open in icloud drive with this trick) opens with pixelmator.....

i Have reproduced this sequence over ten times.

copying the pdf on another app does fix the issue,but only for a while.

uninstalling pixelmator fixes permanently the issue.

but I don't count it as an option....

PDFs in "Preview folder" opened in Pixelmator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.