Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing apps from spotlight

Hello, I'm trying to remove certain apps from the spotlight search. Like in iOS 7 where you could go to the spotlight settings and remove "apps" so no apps could be searched but i can't find this option in iOS 9.0.1. I've seen the "settings > general > search" on the internet but my iphone 6s doesn't show it, why not?

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 6:09 AM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2015 4:13 PM in response to SergZak

II've just tried searching for an app before i tried it, and now NO apps show just Bing searches and wikipedia etc. I haven't changed a thing, the 'top hits' was showing any app I searched once but I forgot my passcode and had to restore everything and now the top hits don't even show anymore 😟

I Remember in iOS 7 I went to settings general spotlight search and I could untick music videos notes mail applications etc from spotlight entirely and now I can't. Would like to know if this is a bug or just not been put on this version as I'd like to untick certain applications if not, all applications from spotlight

Removing apps from spotlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.