Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I had to change my AppleID I am repeatedly being asked for my iCloud password and to generate app-specific passwords.

Since I had to change my AppleID because I have a new ISP and e-mail address I am repeatedly being asked for my iCloud password and to generate app-specific passwords. How can I stop this? Also, when I get the pop-up requesting I generate an app-specific password it does not say which app the password applies to. How do you know? This seems to happen each time after I am requested to sign in to iCloud. Also, I seem to be repeatedly asked to sign in to iCloud as if I have entered the wrong password, but I know the password is correct.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 4:26 PM

Just because you changed your ISP and have a new e-mail address does not mean you have to create a new Apple ID. If the old Apple ID was working for you, go back to using it.

If you set up 2 step verification, that is why you are having to create application specific passwords.

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Two-step authentication for iMessage and FaceTime

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2015 4:26 PM in response to NPOESS Bill

Just because you changed your ISP and have a new e-mail address does not mean you have to create a new Apple ID. If the old Apple ID was working for you, go back to using it.

If you set up 2 step verification, that is why you are having to create application specific passwords.

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Two-step authentication for iMessage and FaceTime

Since I had to change my AppleID I am repeatedly being asked for my iCloud password and to generate app-specific passwords.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.